Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blog 2.0....It starts again

Hello again to all three of you readers of this blog.  Hahahaha.  Anyway, I thought I would try blogging again.  Not that I want to communicate any political stands or have something amazing to share with the world.  Sometimes it is just nice to have somewhere to post and write other than Twitter and Facebook.  It has been a while since the last post to this blog.  We were able to build a great home at a location that we love.  Many of you have already visited, but if you haven't send me an email and I can give you directions.  If you have already feel free to drop in again. Below is a picture from my latest adventure, "fixing the one year old fridge."
This was something that I didn't thing I would have to do for a while.  The pieces I replaced were the compressor start relay and the overload.  First I spent some time using the vacuum to clean the coils under the fridge.  This minor cleaning job did not help, but it did make things look cleaner afterwards.  Next I  searched the internet and made many calls to part stores I was able to track down a part that would replace the two, but would not be an exact match.  This gave me a great excuse spend some quality time at Home Depot to purchase an ohmmeter and pick up some drill bits.  That's right the drill bits were extra and not needed for this project.  Anyway with a little help from the guys at the store I was able to get the part wired correctly and stop the ice cream from melting!  The kids had fun watching and there were no injuries to report.

1 comment:

Ju said...

You are awesome! I am so proud of you for fixing the fridge:)